Since 1989, Mundell & Associates has provided litigation support services and third-party consultant scope and review services in the area of insurance coverage involving industrial facilities, Superfund sites and leaking underground storage tanks.
These activities have required significant experience and expertise in the areas of contaminant and waste chemistry, geology and hydrogeology, groundwater and contaminant transport modeling, environmental compliance, environmental industrial practices, and economic evaluation of soil and groundwater remediation alternatives.
As required, our personnel serve as expert witnesses related to a number of insurance coverage environmental issues. Using our scientific and engineering experience, our approach includes an objective assessment of the protocols and methodologies used to generate site information, and an unbiased evaluation of case facts and issues supplemented with appropriate analysis and data acquisition, as needed.
Legal Topics Covered
- Evaluation of release rates and environmental damage relative to policy years
- Assessment of environmental investigation and remediation costs
- Pollutant evaluation – toxicity, mobility and persistence in the environment
- Historical state-of-knowledge of environmental pollution and practice
- Division of source contribution to overall environmental costs
- Environmental document review for litigation strategy development and support