Mundell & Associates personnel have been involved in the assessment and remediation of chemical releases associated with industrial, auto salvage, scrap yard and similar sites since the early 1980s. Not only can these chemicals be persistent in the soil, groundwater and surface water media they impact, but the pathways through which they migrate are often complex and difficult to assess without a multifaceted approach.
We believe the integration of engineering, geology/geophysics, toxicology, hydrogeology and economics principles should all be considered to best assess the extent and pathways of such impacts. Using risk-based concepts, exposure routes can be assessed to evaluate what (if any) remedial measures are warranted to reduce risk, liability and threat to surrounding human health and the environment.
Our services geared for the industrial and auto industries help assure you are in compliance with all appropriate regulations and that the appropriate measures are taken to respond to releases in a cost effective and liability reducing manner.
- Historical documents review
- Traditional and non-traditional testing
- Facility utility mapping and geophysical surveys
- Sensitive environment exposure evaluation (surface/drinking waters, utility exposures, etc.)
- Source removal/treatment
- In-situ alternative treatment techniques
- Engineering and/or institutional controls
- Exposure pathway elimination
- Time-of-release/time-of-arrival assessments
- Plume calibration and migration prediction
- Exposure concentration modeling / evaluation
- Non-default cleanup goal determination
- Plume stability analysis and no-further-action recommendations
- Full project cleanup life-cycle analysis
- Cost/benefit analysis and reviews
- Cost allocation among potential PRPs
- Budget projections and updating for Insurance providers