Take steps to green your home, office, and environment throughout the year. Many of these ideas correspond to environmental celebrations going on around their respective week of the year, so each week – try something new!
Green your Holidays!
Go green this holiday season! There are many ways to be environmentally friendly and still enjoy the merriment of it all.
- Buy less, buy organic, or don’t buy at all. There are many alternatives to physical gift giving.
- If your toys need batteries, choose rechargeable ones. Or buy naturally-powered toys.
- Lower the impact of holiday lighting by using LED builbs or mini-lights. Turn the lights off before you go to bed.
- Buy a small pine tree in a large pot, use it for a few years, then plant it in your yard!
Week of Year: 51
Green Gift Ideas
- Soda can keychain
- Book spines storage box
- Woven newspaper basket
- Plastic bottle bracelets
- Upcycled sweater socks
- Twig frame
Source: Totally Green Crafts
Week of Year: 52
New Year Resolutions for the Planet
Start the year off on a green foot!
- Rinse and re-use plastic zip-loc bags – or better yet, buy reusable snack bags.
- Donate instead of throw away – clothes, food, toys.
- Save your cereal cardboard for birthday cards, flash cards, or any project that needs cardboard.
- Make your own cleaning supplies, such as a vinegar baking soda mix.
- Air dry your clothes once a week.
- Commit to eating local, organic, seasonal food.
Source: Urban Naturale
Week of Year: 53
- «Previous Page