Americans use approximately 410 billion gallons of water per day, with 80% of the supply coming from surface sources such as lakes or streams. Thus, the evaluation of water resources is a critical task for municipalities, agricultural facilities, and industrial or commercial sites that require large volumes of water used either for direct consumption (e.g. beverage industry) or as process water (e.g. cooling water for a power plant). Long-term viability as well as current production activities must be considered during the process.
With expertise in the evaluation of geologic, hydrogeologic, and hydrologic data, Mundell & Associates addresses water resource capacity systematically throughout the Midwest where the glacial geology often makes finding an adequate groundwater supply challenging.
- Production and Quality Needs Assessment
- Surface Water Vulnerability
- Hydrogeologic Desktop Studies
- Water Availability and Facility Location
- Water Quality Monitoring / Protection
- Groundwater Modeling
- Wellfield Planning and Risk Evaluation and Education
- Sustainable Practices
- Depth to Bedrock
- Stratigraphic Studies